Reading scriptures on healing can help mend a broken heart. When a relationship doesn’t work out, it can be very challenging to adjust to a life without that person. The amount of time the relationship lasted and how serious the commitment was will determine how long it takes you to move forward. Here, I’ll share 10 scriptures on healing you can reflect on after a bad breakup.
Looking Back on a Serious Breakup
I had one serious breakup in college with a young lady who, at one time, I believed I was going to marry. Even though I was the one who ended the relationship, there were still times after the breakup when I second-guessed my decision.
It was during that time I had to turn to the Word of God to help me through that season of adjusting back to life without that person. I had to trust God’s leading regarding His future plans for my life.
If a recently ended relationship is putting you down, then God’s word will help you remember that God is in control and that the best is yet to come.
10 Scriptures on Healing You Need to Help You Move On
Here are the 10 scriptures that helped me during that season of my life.
- Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will straight your paths.”
- Psalm 34:18, “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.”
- Revelation 21:4, “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
- John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the World gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
- Isaiah 41:10, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Deuteronomy 31:6, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Isaiah 55:8, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.
- Psalm 27:14, “Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.”
- 1 Corinthians 14:33, “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace. “
- 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8, “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. “
I hope these 10 scriptures on healing will help you have a smooth recovery from your breakup. It may not be an easy process, but these scriptures will guide you and give you strength to move on. Bad breakups happen and the best thing we can do is to face this painful reality and trust in God’s plan for us. When you’re feeling down or getting impatient to find “the one,” turn to these scriptures on healing.
What other scriptures on healing can you add to the list above? Leave them in the comments section!